Le Rochefort 1787 Harbor Yacht 1:36 by Bill-R

Hello everyone,

Well I guess it's time to start my build log. I just received my monograph of the Le Rochefort from ANCRE. The order shipped on 12/5. Seven days from France to Florida. I love ANCRE's customer service. I have the book "An Introduction to Model Ship Building Dockyard Style" and I have actually been reading it. As this is a first attempt at a POF, I have also gotten several books to help along the way.

I have a few housekeeping chores to do before I do any real work. I bought a new scroll saw that I have been needing for some time. I will need to set it up and do some practicing cutting before I actually use it. I was getting my band saw ready ready for use and the drive belt broke. I will need to order a new belt. The shop needs a little straightening up. I have been working on my Occre Endurance and the shop is a little messy. While I build the Le Rochefort, I plan to continue to work on the Endurance. I find that sometimes when I get stuck or frustrated at some point of a build it helps to change focus for a little while. Most times I have more than one project going at a time. The next thing I will need to do is to decide on what wood I am going to use. So far I have been thinking of using a combination of cherry and beech, But I have also been thinking of using just beech.

Let the fun begin!

Bill

Nice, thanks for joining us. Cherry and Beech are great good looking woods. I was thinking about using both too but for ease of build I’ll stick to beech and maybe just change it up on certain interior and deck furnishings, bulkheads, planking etc. Good luck !

Back