La Créole 1827 by archjofo - Scale 1/48 - French corvette

Yes.. its unpleasant, but every modelists has such moments. For the modelist of Your level the decision is evident the yard have to be remade. My very best regards

So you will make this yardarm once more - Ärgerlich, aber was solls - passiert ist passiert

Well seeing how you are building as near real as can be done in scale, how would a real world ship fix a broken tip of the yard at sea?

Maybe think of that, and make it look like a real world repair.

@Peter Voogt
@Tobias
@dockattner
@Jimsky
@Kortes
@Steef66
@Uwek
@Kurt Konrath

Hello,
Thank you very much for your motivating contributions. I would also like to thank you for the LIKES.

Continuation: Equipping the mizzen topgallant yard - Vergue de perruche
After the small mishap, as reported, I have now made a new mizzen topgallant yard and fully equipped it. This means that the topgallant yard chapter can be put to bed until it is installed on the model.
Here is a picture of the finished mizzen topgallant yard.
DSC01911.jpg

And another picture with the tye.
DSC01920_wett.jpg
The next picture shows different yards of the French corvette in size comparison. In the center you can see the mizzen topgallant yard. Above it is the mizzen royal yard and finally the middle section of the main yard is shown below.
DSC01919.jpg

The next step is to equip the royal yards with the necessary rigging elements. Then I'll finally have finished fitting out the yards.

To be continued ...

Last edited:
Back