Hope

That is a great news and hopefully you can return to the hobby and enjoy it for many years!!
Thank you Zoly.
After the confirmation of this great news reached me today and I had shared it with the family I already made plans to return to the hobby. Months ago I was searching for a 2nd hand thicknesser and as I watched this evening there was a Proxxon DH40 available. I will pick it up tomorrow and hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Hi Herman,

Just reading your posts and I can't imagine what you went through. You would expect a doctor would be very very very carefull with giving such a diagnose, but in the end they are people also and they make mistakes.
I am very happy for you to hear this good news and hope you can now look forward to a bright and sunny future.

Hi Herman,

Just reading your posts and I can't imagine what you went through. You would expect a doctor would be very very very carefull with giving such a diagnose, but in the end they are people also and they make mistakes.
I am very happy for you to hear this good news and hope you can now look forward to a bright and sunny future.
Hi Maarten.

It sure was a rollercoaster of emotions. For 3 weeks I was totally convinced to be terminally ill and had to convey that to my family and friends. That was hard.

I consider myself blessed after the experience of having "walked through the valley of death", after having experienced the true value of day to day support during this period and to be one of the lucky ones to leave that period behind me and be able to look forward again.

Hi to all.

I am now 62 years old and just survived a reorganization on the job, so must have done something right. That was the reason I could not find the rest to continue modelling for the last month or so. Unfortunately I don't have the means to stop working now (for me the age for retirement is 67), so it has caused stress and high blood pressure.
Because of this I had the family doctor check my blood-pressure (too high of course) and all kind of blood values for what I had in mind to be a yearly check up.
My blood values have sadly indicated that I have Multiple Myeloma, a sort of bone marrow cancer. Either sickness of Kahler or Waldenstroem. This has yet to be further researched and what stage and what gradation it is at the moment. More checkups as from the 12th of August.
I see now more clearly that job-stress is really not worth anything at all. The health of you and your loved ones must always come first.

We are now feeling mighty down. I wondered if I should write this message here, but you have all been so nice I have decided to share this bit of bad news with you.
I don't know If I will find the energy again to continue modelling. Family comes first now (as it should always have done). I am now awaiting the further examinations, both anxious and afraid. As it is not curable i can only hope to have some years ahead.

Herman
hi Herman i’ve just gone through a health scare myself, hang in there, it sounds as if you have good family support, also the good people on this forum , are great people and very supportive even though we are spread about the world regards ian aka reddragon

hi Herman i’ve just gone through a health scare myself, hang in there, it sounds as if you have good family support, also the good people on this forum , are great people and very supportive even though we are spread about the world regards ian aka reddragonian
Hi Ian. I hope everything takes a good turn for you too. This forum sure turned out to be very supportive with wonderful people.

Hi Herman,
I am just now tuning into this. The Lord is very gracious to you and he will continue - keep the faith and put your trust in Him - stress is hard to overcome. We are fallible and it is so easy for life problems to get us down. My prayer right this moment is that The Lord will continue to bless you and bring full healing.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding and He will make your path straight"

Back