HMS Hood - 1/200 (with Pontos PE) - Build Log

Some fine PE :)

A venture into the some of the small, yet detailed, PE parts within the Pontos detail kit. Armoured deck boxes (32 pieces to make 16 lockers) and skylight hatches (x8)

Tiny in the grand scheme of things for this ship, but so time consuming. I think I need a new glasses script. ROTF

Armour boxes.jpeg
Armour box in perspective.jpegSklight hatches.jpeg

Some fine PE :)

A venture into the some of the small, yet detailed, PE parts within the Pontos detail kit. Armoured deck boxes (32 pieces to make 16 lockers) and skylight hatches (x8)

Tiny in the grand scheme of things for this ship, but so time consuming. I think I need a new glasses script. ROTF

View attachment 445784View attachment 445785
Fantastic work, Just catching up on your build. If I may comment and suggest. If you have not yet sealed you hull with the deck, it may be helpful to add some weight (I use BBs mixed with epoxy) in the bottom of the hull to give it a bit of heft. The hull is easier to handle if it has some weight. Also if you want to mount the ship on a stand, now may be the time to think about drilling some holes in the bottom to attach bolts to.

Using all the PE is indeed hard on the eyes, impossible for me. I have a pair of optivisors and find them invaluable.

There are many lower price knockoffs available but I don't know how good they are. Also when working with small items, a well lite workbench is essential.

Back