Grants Xebec 1:60 (using Jabeque Cazador Occre1:60 kit) [COMPLETED BUILD]

absolutely wonderful. I like the way everything looks organized. The ropes are tight. Did you make them?
Good evening Jack. No I bought them from Zoly at Dry dock models. I enjoy his ropes. They are cotton so one hasn’t to be gentle as not to cause fraying but look really good on the model. Look better in reality than the photos. Cheers Grant

Again a great update. Love the details you put into the rigging and the changes compared to the plans of the kit. This will be a great buildlog for others to follow when building Cazador.

Good morning. No build update however I thought I would show you how she looks in my pub….plenty still to do. Sitting on that horrid Bounty stand. The small boat will be on my deck, it will go on after rigging as it gets in the way.

View attachment 443231View attachment 443232
Cheers Grant
Those sails look very convincing Grant. They set the whole ship off well, very attractive. Love it. JJ..

That's a great place for that beauty
So Beautiful work Grant ,this is the perfect place Thumbsup
Frangelico is very sweet and good taste for in the coffee. :cool:
The ship above it looks nice to.Alien
What a perfect location Grant!
Those sails look very convincing Grant. They set the whole ship off well, very attractive. Love it. JJ..
The place where you have put the xebec seems perfect to me.
Good afternoon Gentlemen and thank you kindly. The reason I bought this particular model was due to the dimensions to fit into that space in my bar. The Bounty (a mess of a ship) which was there did not fit correctly due to the yards being too wide. The lateen sail configuration makes this" Cazador" fit . I still need to make a stand and at this point in time have no idea what I am going to do. The kit does not come with a stand. Cheers grant

Good afternoon. Rigging by the foremast has become insane! It has taken me hours to do the 4 reef lines.

These are simple and run down to the 4 belay pins by the masts. The issue is I can hardly get any form of tweezer into the space without messing up my previous work- a swear barrel is full…. ROTF
9F49B48B-ED20-40FD-93F0-C705EF0149FA.jpeg
Some pics :39D27844-88D0-4FB5-9DA3-54E687D6F5B0.jpeg
7D64722D-FE9C-4327-9CB7-4F888BEF4BA1.jpeg
The magnifying was just for fun…;)
Front image :
864C38C7-0B81-4B19-87F5-0F8AF96F1FB3.jpeg

BB5FA976-FE1C-47CD-8727-908286E3DC70.jpeg
It’s getting dark in mornings now so pics under lights. Now to finish up the sheets on the fore sail….
Cheers Grant

Good afternoon. Rigging by the foremast has become insane! It has taken me hours to do the 4 reef lines.

These are simple and run down to the 4 belay pins by the masts. The issue is I can hardly get any form of tweezer into the space without messing up my previous work- a swear barrel is full…. ROTF
View attachment 443529
Some pics :View attachment 443528
View attachment 443530
Front image :
View attachment 443531

View attachment 443532
It’s getting dark in mornings now so pics under lights. Now to finish up the sheets on the fore sail….
Cheers Grant
I see the problem...you are repeating the same swear words over and over. Progress can only be made with innovative and fresh profanity. Try it!

View attachment 443529
View attachment 443530
Front image :
View attachment 443531

View attachment 443532
Cheers Grant
what do the symbols on the barrel mean? lol

View attachment 443529
View attachment 443530
Front image :
View attachment 443531

View attachment 443532
Cheers Grant
Well I'll tell you what, if you filled a barrel doing four lines, with your experience I will need at least two for every line when I start!

View attachment 443529
View attachment 443530
Front image :
View attachment 443531

View attachment 443532
Cheers Grant
It looks a real stunner Grant, nothing like a good charity swearbox

Back