Eye Pins

Several years ago I purchased some really small eye Pins. The eyes were less than 1mm i.d. made with 24 gage copper wire. I cannot find them ANYWHERE. Smallest I can find is 1.5mm id eyes. Perhaps I misses a source or two. So, can anyone lead me to what I'm looking for? It's hard to execute a 1:48 scale model with some realism with oversized eye pins.

The picture could be a bit more clear. On the left is what I want. On the right what I can achieve with my 1mm baling tool. I said the pin was copper. The black color is a chemical alteration.

20230610_093857[1].jpg

Thanks all.

You could try brass etched eyelets from Caldercraft 0.3mm or 0.9mm, in the UK I get them from Cornwall Model Boats. Cheers JJ..

Go to Hismodel out of Czechoslovakia. He has eye bolts and hooks that small.
Thanks for the tip. I went there and saw his offering. The eyepins he diplayed were from Amati. So I went to the Amati website and found the very pin I was looking for. They describe the pin as a "Jackstay Eyebolt". A 20 euro minimum purchase on their site. Ebay wasn't much bettter in pricing.

go to parts for model trains and get "lifting rings" , probably HO scale. Diesel Details, Detail Associates, many others out there.

Thats useful to know, ive been looking for smaller eyebolts, never thought to look at train parts

Try hobbylinc.com
Look for lift rings
To have a real Hobbyshop around you is times a great help- and not by mail - my supplier i Madrid at my time had a train shop then a plastic and wodden shop. the train shop is closed, but the rest are up to date- MODEL REYNA -MADRID- with a highly skilled crew to help you. assesery they have each of their suppliers of kits plus their own too. you buy here in bulk- gram, amount of pieces etc.

Back