Custom Sails

Pwh

Is there a company or individual that makes custom sails for model ships? I'm terrible at sewing sails and would prefer to use external resource to make them assuming a reasonable price.

Is there a company or individual that makes custom sails for model ships? I'm terrible at sewing sails and would prefer to use external resource to make them assuming a reasonable price.
Hi, I do not know Canada, but there must be some shops where they repair ropes etc and have sewing machines. I have around where I am living in Spain. One -she calls herself PERSIAN not Turkish, who is a master with a sewing machine

I think HIS Models can help here - Use the contacts via their web-site or contact directly our member @BRadek via a PM

I think HIS Models can help here - Use the contacts via their web-site or contact directly our member @BRadek via a PM

Thank you for mentioning us Uwek. We are sewing complete sets of sails for many models (see our website hismodel.com). We are making also custom made sails according the plans/sizes. We have also sails for furling (which are little bit smaller because a normal size sails looks too bulky on a model if it's furled). If you want to contact us , the best way is to use email: message@hismodel.com You can check some of our sails here:
001PT Victory 001R.jpg083P Cutty Sark 010R.jpg016Pp Spanish Galleon Imai 01Rp.JPG

074F Constitution 12R.jpg

Santa Marie P 001R.jpg

Last edited:
There is a master shipwright on the internet that has several videos of using silkspan to make sail. Very easy and looks scaled.

You can't beat HISModel! Not only is everything they make top-quality, their customer service is A-1!

Rick1011

Is there a company or individual that makes custom sails for model ships? I'm terrible at sewing sails and would prefer to use external resource to make them assuming a reasonable
Is there a company or individual that makes custom sails for model ships? I'm terrible at sewing sails and would prefer to use external resource to make them assuming a
a seamstress should. E able to do this for you as long as you have the plan for the sails

The silkspan sails Guru is Tom Luria. This is the first of 3 YT videos showing his methods.

There are many ways of making sails. And each modeler may prefer something different. Personally, I think that sails made from Silkspan are suitable for imitation furled sails or for very small models. But on larger models canvas sails look better. Then it's up to each person what method of production they choose. And we try to meet all modelers who don't want to or can't sew sails. To give them the best possible service. And to produce quality accessories according to period documents.
Regards Radimir

Back