Sovereign of the Seas - Sergal 1:78 (with hopefully many added details)

Lots of detail on this one. Remind me, what scale?
Sergal claims that its a 1/78th scale.
Images are a 1:1 comparison with my previous Coral 1/75th Vasa.

The vintage Sergal kit included larger 1:1 sheets so profile view good contrast size wise.
It's a very large model. Where it will live when completed has not been resolved. That said, I am very tempted to
make this one only a hull model....

Regards,

IMG_1359.jpegIMG_1361.jpeg

Sergal claims that its a 1/78th scale.
Images are a 1:1 comparison with my previous Coral 1/75th Vasa.

The vintage Sergal kit included larger 1:1 sheets so profile view good contrast size wise.
It's a very large model. Where it will live when completed has not been resolved. That said, I am very tempted to
make this one only a hull model....

Regards,

View attachment 440399View attachment 440400
Very pretty. I actually enjoyed the rigging on my Soleil Royal at that scale. Looking forward to your progress.

Hi Mates,
Yet another very minor update, But for me arguably a big one. Finally starting to actually finish the last bits of work needed
with main deck carriages.
I do, very much, appreciate members, guests still interested in dropping by for a look :) thanks...

Last image - need to think about as well TBD - hmmm.

Cheers,

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg

Hello members, and guests,

Last update for this log – I’ve more or less completed the deck canon rigging work. So, some last images are being posted, and a few more as well.

I just discovered, scrolling to the bottom of my log page, that there are zero interested members following, nor interested in this particular log. So rather than take up digital space here at Ships of Scale, I will just put this log to sleep.

With very kind regards,

1.JPG2.jpeg3.jpeg3b.JPG4.jpeg5.jpeg6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG

Last edited:
I wouldn't concern myself with the thing at the bottom. That box is not what it used to be. You still have 59 'followers' who love your work and your report of it. The "Who read this thread" at the bottom of the screen is a sad distraction that represents some sort of rolling count. It is more a reflection of current activity (how frequently you post) than it is of actual interest in your work.

For example, my Vasa thread once had 150 followers but if you look at the box at the bottom today it says no one has 'read this thread.' That build report had over 330,000 views when it was active...

Last edited:
Hi John

Agree with Paul, looking at the title of your thread on this page, underneath it says you have 59 followers, myself included. For whatever reason recently other "stats" seem skewed and should be treated with a pinch of salt.

Very nice work as always, please keep posting.

I know I haven't been round much of late as my mojo is battered due to my recent employment upheaval. Currently focusing on bigger things and modelling is somewhat at the back of my mind for now.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Paul,

Thanks so much for your very reassuring post. I will no longer feel like The Lone Ranger here at Ships of Scale. Relief indeed from your very succinct and informative explanation. Your Vasa log was so deservedly a top of the pyramid log - now I understand.

PS: your current log is not doing too badly either - your skill set is way up there..

Noted, that my log is such a part-time effort, hence your well detailed explanation of the ghosts at the bottom current last pages.
I also found it odd knowing that some members and guests do stop by after my - not so often posts.

Nigel,

Thanks as well for your very kind confirmation. Assumptions are sometimes just that “assumptions”, pinch of salt and all.
I hope that all turns out ok with your employment situation - so modeling does lose over other priorities…..Your build skills are also superlative…

Again, I thank both of you for helping me resolve what I thought was an incorrect and false assumption.
Either way I had intended to continue following logs that I so much admire – including both of yours of course…

OH – thanks so much to members, who follow or just drop by this log for a look – so appreciated!!

Cheers,

Hi John,

I certainly agree with Nigel and Paul.
How the stats are calculated I don t know. But certainly 59 members are looking into your blog. Keep in mind the majority of visitors to your blog are non members and these are certainly not registered.
This being a very popular kit around the world I am certain that you inspire a lot of people around the globe with your work and hope you continue doing that.
I certainly enjoy your blog.

Last update for this log – I’ve more or less completed the deck canon rigging work. So, some last images are being posted, and a few more as well.

I just discovered, scrolling to the bottom of my log page, that there are zero interested members following, nor interested in this particular log. So rather than take up digital space here at Ships of Scale, I will just put this log to sleep.

With very kind regards,

View attachment 447321View attachment 447322View attachment 447323View attachment 447324View attachment 447325View attachment 447326View attachment 447327View attachment 447328View attachment 447329
Good morning John. The continuation of this log is mandatory. ;)...please. I always enjoy following your work which is an inspiration for me. I also think activity on any forum such as this has its ebbs and flows. Paul explained it perfectly....as he does. Cheers Grant

This counting of "Who read this thread" is counting only over a short and last period - like Paul mentioned correctly
correct are the "views" you have - here you can see really how many members opened your log

f.e. my "Today in Naval history" has actual only 28 "Who read this thread" readers, but much more views

Hi all,

Again, thanks for all of your kind supportive posts.

Maarten, Grant
you are both overly gracious- thanks as well..

Uwe – I should have just gone to you in the first place with just a simple question. And interesting point that you made.…

In retrospect my concerned post was certainly too self-centered of me, and it was an “over the top” reaction.
Apologies for taking all of your time with this..Yikes…

Well, now just water under this blog’s bridge. I further promise to only post SotS updates.

Regards,

With very kind regards,

View attachment 447321View attachment 447322View attachment 447323View attachment 447324View attachment 447325View attachment 447326View attachment 447327View attachment 447328View attachment 447329
I think that your work is exquisite! Yes, I am definitely following along!

Bill

Back